This box for 4 people includes:
- 4 Sesame Seed Hamburger Buns
- 1 package of 4 Rheintal organic sausages
- Container of seasonal vegetables (18 oz. / 500 g)
- Baby Potato and Mustard Salad (2 lbs. / 1 kg)
- Chef’s choice marinade (2 cups / 500 ml)
- Kalamata Olive Tapenade (3.5 oz. / 100 g)
- Small Country-style Loaf, sliced
- Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie
What you need that's not included in the box:
- Grill basket for the BBQ or nonstick cooking sheet
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Two cloves of g
Container of seasonal vegetables (for grilling)
- Preheat the BBQ on high heat.
- Place a grill basket on the BBQ and let it heat up. (The recipe also works with a nonstick cooking sheet.)
- Meanwhile, transfer the contents of the container to a bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil, add salt and pepper to taste, and then mix to coat the vegetables.
- Place vegetables into the basket or on the cooking sheet. Reduce heat to medium and sauté for 7 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally using
- cooking tongs.
- In the meantime, chop a small garlic clove.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, remove from grill and put back in the bowl.
- Add garlic, 1/2 tbsp. of balsamic vinegar and 1/2 tbsp. of olive oil. Mix. Add salt and pepper and season to taste.
Small Country-style Loaf (for grilling)
- Place a few slices of bread on the grill on medium heat. Grill 1 to 2 minutes on each side, then remove from heat.
- Using a previously peeled garlic clove, rub the grilled bread.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and a few grains of fleur de sel or sea salt.
Sausages (for grilling)
- Grill on the BBQ on medium-low heat for 5 to 8 minutes, turning occasionally.
Hot dog buns with sesame seeds (for grilling if desired)
- Cut buns lengthwise three-quarters of the way.
- Grill on the BBQ about 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Assemble the hot dogs and garnish with your favourite toppings.
Strawberry-rhubarb pie (to reheat)
- Leaving the pie in its aluminum plate, heat in BBQ on medium-low heat for about 20 minutes.
- For extra deliciousness, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream!