- Cut a very thick slice of a Milk bread.
- Make an incision in the slice.
- Insert pieces of apple and grated cheddar cheese inside of the bread. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the egg and milk.
- Heat a frying pan and melt the butter.
- Dip the slice of bread in the egg and milk mixture and then grill in the frying pan.
- In a plate, cut the slice in two and serve with maple syrup.
Watch the video of the recipe here (french only).
Thanks to Chantal Rivest, chef at our bakery in Vaudreuil-Dorion.