- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Spread almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet or pie plate.
- Toast for 8 to 10 min, making sure they don’t burn.
- In a bowl, combine toasted almonds, rolled oats and raisins. Set aside.
- In another bowl, quickly combine banana and lemon juice to prevent the fruit from turning brown.
- Stir in almond butter and vanilla, then add mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring just until combined.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Using a 1 tbsp. (15 ml) measuring spoon or a regular table spoon, scoop mixture, making sure to pack it, and shape into a ball. (If mixture is too sticky, add 1 to 2 tbsp. (15 to 30 ml) rolled oats.) Repeat operation with remaining mixture.
- If desired, roll balls in powdered almonds or slivered almonds.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate or freeze.
VARIATION: CHOCOLATE-HAZELNUT CLUSTERS
Substitute toasted and crushed hazelnuts for the almonds, small pieces of dark chocolate for the raisins, and hazelnut butter for the almond butter.
Photos : Tango [Vitalité Québec] MAY 2014
Recipe: Josée Fiset