- Prepare the base: Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter a round glass or ceramic 9 in. (23 cm) pie plate. Line a square 8 x 8 in. (20 x 20 cm) cake pan with plastic wrap.
- In a medium bowl, mix in honey, spelt flour, baking powder, milk and egg with a spatula to make a smooth dough. Transfer dough to pie plate. Spread dough evenly across bottom of plate and bake until deep golden, 30 to 35 min. Remove from plate and let cool on a cake rack.
- Meanwhile, prepare the jelly: In a medium saucepan over high heat, combine apricot nectar and agar-agar flakes, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and gently simmer mixture until flakes are completely dissolved, 5 to 10 min. Mix in mango cubes.
- Pour mixture into plastic-wrapped cake pan and refrigerate until jelly is set, about 40 min.
- Meanwhile, prepare the ganache: In a small saucepan over low heat, heat the cream, making sure it doesn’t boil. Put chocolate in a small heat-resistant bowl and slowly pour hot cream over chocolate, mixing with a wooden spoon until chocolate completely melts. Using a hand-held mixer, whip ganache until smooth, about 30 sec. Set aside.
- Transfer spelt pancake base to a cake plate. Spread base with ganache.
- Remove jelly from pan and cut into 3/4 in. (2 cm) cubes. Top ganache evenly with jelly cubes.
Note: Agar-agar flakes are sold in health food stores, Asian grocery stores and most supermarkets.
Photos : Tango [Vitalité Québec] FEBRUARY 2013
Recipe: Josée Fiset