VANILLA-COCONUT RICE PUDDING
- Cook the rice in the boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Toast the coconut in a skillet.
- In a saucepan, bring the coconut milk and soy milk to a boil.
- Add the precooked rice, vanilla bean and coconut.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 30 to 40 minutes, until the rice is well cooked.
- Remove the vanilla bean and scrape out the seeds with a knife. Return the seeds to the milk mixture.
- Add the agave syrup or honey and the rum.
- Purée the mixture using a hand blender.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
CRISPY SESAME SQUARES
- In a stainless steel skillet, toast the sesame seeds over high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. They are ready when they start to smoke and crackle.
- Add the honey, sugar and salt.
- Cook for 2 more minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour the mixture onto parchment paper.
- Cover with another sheet of parchment paper.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten the mixture into a sheet 3 mm (1/4 in.) thick.
- Let cool for 1 hour.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler and spread on the sesame squares using a spoon.
- Let the chocolate solidify
- Cut 4 cm squares with a pizza knife or a standard knife.
SETTING THE PLATES
- Place the squares in a plate, chocolate face down
- Garnish with vanilla-coconut rice
- Decorate with pineapple, strawberry or raspberry cubes
“Your vanilla-coconut rice will be even better if you prepare it a few days in advance. If it becomes too thick, simply add a little bit of milk and stir."