Preparation : 20min
Total cooking time : 50min
Servings : 12
- 6 cups of bread cubes, country-style round loaf
- 150 g bacon
- 3 cups (750 ml) milk
- 1 cup (250 ml) Parmesan cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clover
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven at 350 °F (176 °C)
- Brown the bacon in a frying pan and set aside on a paper towel to remove excess fat.
- Brown the onion and garlic. Set aside with the bacon.
- In a bowl, mix the milk, the eggs, the Parmesan cheese, the nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Add the bread cubes into the mixture and let the bread soak the liquid.
- Add the onions and bacon into the bread mix.
- Spoon the preparation into an oiled cupcake pan.
- Bake at 350 °F (176 °C) for 30 minutes or until golden.