Icicle cucumbers and coleslaw hot dog on sesame bun
Preparation : 15min
Total cooking time : 25min
Servings : 6
- 6 hot dog buns with sesame seeds (Première Moisson)
- 6 Viennese sausages, cooked (Première Moisson)
- 20 g strips of icicle cucumbers (Première Moisson)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
Red cabbage coleslaw
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 500 g thinly sliced red cabbage
- Make the sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard and maple syrup. Set aside.
- Make the salad: In a small bowl, whisk together the cider vinegar and oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Then add the cabbage, mixing carefully to coat cabbage with dressing. Set aside.
- Assemble: Slice bun lengthwise, but only three-quarters of the way through. Spread mustard-maple sauce on the inside. Insert sausage into the bun, then garnish with red coleslaw and top with cucumber strips. Enjoy!