Maple back bacon sandwich with homemade coleslaw
Preparation : 15min
Preparation Time : 25min
Servings : 1
- 5 slices maple back bacon
- 2 cups mixed grated cabbage and carrots (2 parts cabbage, 1 part carrots)
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Chopped green onions, to taste
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. whole-grain mustard
- 2 tbsp. plain yogurt (2%)
- 1 tsp. honey
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 slices Belgian country bread
- 5 slices cooked maple back bacon
- 3 tbsp. homemade coleslaw
- 2 or 3 thin tomato slices
- Iceberg lettuce
- Arrange the back bacon on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes at 200°C (400°F).
- Pat with paper towels and let cool.
- Combine grated cabbage and carrots, lemon juice and green onions.
- Place the mayonnaise, mustard, yogurt, honey, salt and pepper in a bowl and stir to combine. Add to the cabbage mixture and toss to coat thoroughly.
- Top a slice of bread with (in order) bacon, coleslaw, tomatoes and lettuce. Top with the other slice of bread. Bon appétit!