Parsley, spinach and bulgur soup
Preparation : 5min
Preparation Time : 55min
Servings : 4
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 5 cups (1.25 L) home made or packaged chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (50 g) whole-wheat bulgur
- 2 cups (150 g) chopped fresh parsley
- 4 cups (100 g) tightly packed fresh spinach
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, soften the onions in the olive oil for about 2 minutes.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the bulgur. Simmer gently for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Add the parsley and the spinach.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Purée with a hand blender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
"The green vegetables in this soup are only lightly cooked, so they keep all their colour and flavour. Top each serving with a dollop of firm plain yogurt. I enjoy thick soups, especially in winter. If you prefer yours a bit thinner, add some more broth".
Photos : Tango [Vitalité Québec] APRIL 2011
Recipe: Josée Fiset