Preparation : 20min
Preparation Time : 30min
Servings : 3
- 3 cups (750 ml) chopped rhubarb
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) honey
- 1 Cortland or Empire apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raisins
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp. (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp. (2 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. (1 ml) ground cloves
- In a medium saucepan, combine rhubarb, honey, apple, celery, vinegar, raisins and ginger.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for about 10 min., stirring constantly, until rhubarb softens and chutney thickens.
- Add the salt, cinnamon and ground cloves
- Simmer for 1 min. at low heat.
- Pour chutney into sterilized jars and refrigerate.
This chutney will keep for up to a month in the refrigerator. Serve it with cheese, white meat, barbecued meats and patés. It makes a wonderful topping for vegetarian burgers and meat-based burgers