Preparation : 30min
Total cooking time : 60min
Servings : 6
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) chicken broth
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) dry white wine
- 750 g (1 1/2 lb) seafood of preference, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 250 g (1/2 lb) white mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- Sale and pepper to taste
- 6 precooked patty shells
- 6 cooked shrimp for garnish
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- In a large pot, bring chicken brothand white wine to a boil.
- Transfer seafood and mushrooms to the boiling liquid and poach on medium low heat (brothshould continue to simmer) for 5 minutes.
- Remove seafood and mushrooms from the liquid using a slotted spoon and set aside. Transfer cooking liquid to a measuring cup.
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter on medium heat.
- Sprinkle in the flour, stirring for 1 minute.
- Gradually pour the hot broth over the flour and butter mixture, stirring to avoid lumping.
- Let sauce simmer for 5 minutes and add seafood and mushrooms.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and simmer a few minutes longer.
- Use the preheated vol-au-vent and if you want to bring a touch of elegance , just drop a shrimp or a little fresh parsley on top of vol-au-vent.