Super green smoothie
Preparation : 15min
Preparation Time : 15min
Servings : 2
- 1 cup (250 ml) fresh or frozen mango, cubed
- 1 ripe banana or pitted pear, cubed
- 1/2 green apple, cubed
- 1 cucumber, cubed
- 2 1/2 cups (625 ml) cold water
- 2 cups (500 ml) baby spinach
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) flat parsley
- 3-4 leaves of your choice of lettuce
- 10-12 leaves fresh mint
- 1-2 tsp (5-10 ml) spirulina (optional)
- In a powerful blender, crush fruit and cucumber.
- Add water and liquefy the mixture.
- Add green ingredients and spirulina, if desired, and blend again until mixture is smooth. Serve immediately.
"I recommend using very ripe fruit because they are sweeter. Vary as desired, but choose white, yellow or green fruit when possible, because red or blue berries will give your drink a less appetizing colour. Kiwi, green grapes and pineapple are also delicious choices. But when using pineapple, it’s better to filter the mixture so the drink’s texture isn’t too fibrous.
I also often use frozen fruit to make this type of drink. Not only are they available year-round but they add a cool touch. They also make the preparation easier if you aren’t used to preparing flavour mixtures".
Photos : Tango [Vitalité Québec] MARCH 2012
Recipe: Josée Fiset