Baked Tomato Confit and Goat Cheese
Preparation : 30min
Total cooking time : 120min
Servings : 4
- 16 Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) olive oil
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) herbes de Provence*, crushed
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) sea salt
- 4 slices of day-old country-style bread, 3/4 in. (2 cm) thick, cubed
- 7 oz. (200 g) fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 tbsp. (60 ml) grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
- 6 basil leaves, minced
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, oil, vinegar, garlic, herbs and salt. Transfer to a glass cooking dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Transfer cooked tomatoes back into large bowl. Add bread, goat cheese, Parmesan and pepper.
- Divide mixture into 4 ramekins. Bake uncovered until bread and cheese are golden, about 30 min.
- Top with basil and serve.