Preparation : 20min
Total cooking time : 30min
Servings : 8
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) maple syrup
- 4 cups (1 L) maple water
- 4 1/2 cups (1.25 L) chopped rhubarb
- Juice and zest of an organic lime
- Juice and zest of an organic lemon
- Small rhubarb stalks, for garnish (optional)
- In a large saucepan, bring syrup and sap water to a boil, then boil for 10 min.
- Add remaining ingredients and refrigerate for 8 to 12 hours.
- Strain mixture through a sieve, pressing hard on rhubarb to extract all the liquid. Set solids aside for next recipe.
- Pour lemonade into a pitcher and serve in tall glasses with ice cubes. If desired, garnish with small rhubarb stalks.
Can’t find maple water at your grocery store? Simply replace with 4 cups (1 L) of water mixed with 1/2 cup (125 ml) of maple syrup.