Fruit tarts with yogurt mousse and hazelnut meringues
Preparation : 25min
Total cooking time : 65min
Servings : 6
- 2 egg whites
- 270 g (2 cups) whole hazelnuts
- 2 ybsp. cane sugar
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) whipping cream
- 125 ml (½ cup) thick plain yogurt (10%)
- 125 g (1 cup) raspberries
- 72 g (½ cup) blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (300°F).
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form, while gradually adding the sugar.
- Fold in the hazelnuts using a spatula.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Spoon the mixture onto the paper in 6 equal portions. Flatten each portion slightly, to form discs 8 to 10 cm (3 to 4 in.) in diameter.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until the meringues are slightly browned.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool.
- Using an electric mixer, whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently stir in the yogurt. Refrigerate the mixture.
- To keep the meringues crunchy, garnish with yogurt mousse just before serving. Top with fruit.
"This light, refreshing treat makes a great dessert, snack, or even part of a breakfast. Instead of the fresh fruit topping, you can use sugar-free jam or stewed fruit. You can also make the meringues with a different kind of nut if you prefer".