No-Cook Oatmeal with Almonds and Fruit
Preparation : 10min
Total cooking time : 20min
Servings : 1
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) rolled oats
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) almond milk
- Maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) slivered almonds, toasted (see note)
- Fruit of your choice (pieces of mango and banana, blueberries, etc.)
- In a bowl, combine rolled oats with almond milk and 2 tsp. (10 ml) of maple syrup, making sure oats are entirely covered with liquid.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 min. (Mixture may be made the evening before and refrigerated until the next morning.)
- When ready to serve, add almonds, fruit and maple syrup to taste. If oatmeal is too thick, add a little almond milk.
To toast almonds, bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (180°C) for 8 to 10 min.