Cucumber, tomato and hamp salad on a bread nest
Preparation : 15min
Total cooking time : 45min
Servings : 4
- 4 slices of country-style bread
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 mini cucumbers, washed (but not peeled), thinly sliced
- 8 oz. (250 g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup (125 ml) coarsely chopped parsley
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) hemp seeds
- 4 tsp. (20 ml) lemon juice
- 1 small chili pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350oF (175oC).
- Using a rolling pin, thoroughly flatten bread slices, and then brush both sides with olive oil.
- Transfer each bread slice to a small heatproof bowl, lining bowl with bread to mold it.
- Sprinkle bread with salt and pepper to taste, then with herbs to taste.
- Bake in centre of oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make salad: in a large bowl, combine cucumber slices, tomato halves, parsley, green onion, hemp seeds, lemon juice, and chili if using.
- Once bread bowls are baked, evenly fill with the salad. Serve immediately.
Photos : Tango [Vitalité Québec] JUNE 2018
Recipe : Josée Fiset