Preparation : 20min
Total cooking time : 26min
Servings : 4
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 3/4 cup (430 ml) soy milk
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) quick-cooking tapioca
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) maple syrup
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) vanilla
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) hazelnut butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) raisins OR dried organic cranberries (optional)
- 2 medium apples
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) hazelnuts, toasted and finely chopped
- In a medium saucepan, whisk egg, soy milk and tapioca. Let stand 5 min.
- Bring tapioca mixture to a boil over medium-high heat and boil for 1 min.
- Remove from heat and stir in maple syrup, vanilla, hazelnut butter and raisins.
- Peel and grate apples. Coat with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Once tapioca is warm, stir in apples, making sure tapioca is not too hot, to prevent apples from cooking and to keep them crunchy.
- Transfer to serving dishes and refrigerate 1 hour to cool.
- Sprinkle with hazelnuts and serve.
For an added treat, top tapioca with a sauce made with 1 tbsp. (15 ml) hazelnut butter and 1 tsp. (5 ml) maple syrup.