Bread pudding, Première Moisson-style
Preparation : 25min
Total cooking time : 90min
Servings : 4
- 1 day-old baguette
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) whipping cream
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) milk
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) maple syrup
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp. (60 ml) butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Cut baguette into 3/4 in. (2 cm) cubes and spread evenly on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 min. to dry. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat eggs with cream, milk, maple syrup and vanilla. Add bread cubes and let sit for 1 h.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Generously butter a 8 x 12 in. (20 x 30 cm) baking dish. Add bread cube mixture, pressing it down.
- Bake bread pudding until deep golden, 25 to 35 min. Serve as is or with maple syrup or a fruit coulis.
Photos: Tango [Vitalité Québec] MARCH 2013
Recipe: Josée Fiset