Velvety maca, banana and soymilk chocolate pudding with spicy honey-cashew brittle
Preparation : 20min
Total cooking time : 20min
Servings : 4
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cashews
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) honey
- 1-2 pinches Espelette or Cayenne pepper
- 7 oz. (200 g) dark chocolate
- 1 3/4 cup (425 ml) vanilla-flavoured soymilk
- 2 1/2 tbsp (37.5 ml) maca powder
- 2 bananas
SPICY HONEY-CASHEW BRITTLE
The brittle may be prepared in advance.
- In a small nonstick skillet over high heat, cook cashews and honey about 5 minutes or until honey reaches the boiling point.
- Stir in pepper and let the honey’s moisture evaporate until honey caramelizes. 3. Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and let cool.
VELVETY BANANA, MACA AND SOYMILK CHOCOLATE PUDDING
- Melt chocolate in double-boiler.
- In a large bowl, combine soymilk and maca powder, mixing well with a hand mixer. Note that maca powder doesn’t dissolve into liquid, but absorbs it, giving it a slightly grainy texture, like powdered almonds would.
- Add melted chocolate to soymilk mixture, mixing well with a hand mixer, until mixture becomes smooth.
- Cut bananas into small pieces (at the very last minute so they don’t change colour) and gently add to pudding with a spatula.
- Divide pudding evenly into four glasses and garnish with spicy honey-cashew brittle before serving.