Chicken Breasts with Cherry Tomatoes, Capers and Basil
Preparation : 15min
Total cooking time : 75min
Servings : 4
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 24 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup (250 ml) chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup (60 ml) capers
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil + more for cooking
- 4 zucchinis, quartered lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). Line a large baking dish with parchment paper.
- Put chicken breasts on prepared baking dish and season to taste with salt and pepper. Evenly cover chicken with tomatoes, basil and capers, and drizzle with oil.
- Fold parchment paper over chicken to form a papillote (packet), creating a tight seal so chicken cooks in its own juices.
- Bake chicken in oven for 60–75 minutes.
- About 15 minutes before chicken is ready, heat some oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add zucchini to pan and cook until golden-brown, about 10 minutes. Serve with chicken.
Note: Cooking the chicken en papillote keeps it juicy, and baking it with tomatoes, basil and capers gives it a nice “comfort food” twist, especially when served with freshly picked seasonal vegetables. Enjoy!
Photos : Tango [Vitalité Québec] OCTOBER 2018
Recipe: Josée Fiset