Curried shrimp and calamari soup
Preparation : 20min
Total cooking time : 30min
Servings : 4
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) coconut oil
- 20 green onions, chopped (divided)
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) fresh ginger, chopped
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) curry paste (or more, to taste)
- 1 bird’s eye chili pepper, chopped (to taste)
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken broth
- 2 x 400 ml cans of coconut milk
- 15 button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3.5 oz. (100 g) enoki mushrooms (optional)
- 1 x 340 g pkg frozen calamari rings
- 1 x 400 g pkg frozen medium-sized shelled shrimp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped cilantro to taste
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat coconut oil. Add ginger and half the green onions, and stir-fry for about 1 min.
- Mix in curry paste and cook for about 1 min. Add chili pepper, chicken broth, coconut milk and both varieties of mushrooms. Bring to a boil.
- Add calamari and shrimp, and simmer over low heat until cooked, about 5 min. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with cilantro and remaining green onions, and serve.
Photos : Tango [Vitalité Québec] MARCH 2013
Recipe: Josée Fiset