Preparation : 20min
Total cooking time : 60min
Servings : 6
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) ginger, chopped
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) curry powder (or more, to taste)
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) ground cumin
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) garam masala
- 1 x 28 oz. (796 ml) can diced tomatoes
- 1 x 400 ml can coconut milk
- 3 cups (750 ml) cooked chickpeas
- 1 x 227 g pkg cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 pkg enoki mushrooms
- 1 cup (250 ml) flat leaf or curly parsley (or more, to taste)
- 1 cup (250 ml) cilantro leaves (or more, to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large frying pan over medium-low heat, heat olive oil. Add onion and stir-fry until golden. Reduce heat to low. Add ginger, curry powder, cumin and garam masala, and cook for about 5 min.
- Turn the heat back up to medium-low. Mix in tomatoes, coconut milk, chickpeas and mushrooms, and simmer for about 30 min.
- Add parsley and cilantro, and cook for another 5 min. Serve with brown basmati rice.