Mustard-coated chicken breasts
Preparation : 10min
Total cooking time : 70min
Servings : 4
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Dijon mustard, divided
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) herbes de Provence, divided
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) salt, divided
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 300oF (150oC). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Transfer chicken breasts to cookie sheet. Brush each one with 1 tbsp. (15 ml) mustard, and then sprinkle each one with ½ tsp. (2.5 ml) of the herbs and ½ tsp. (2.5 ml) salt, adding pepper to taste.
- Bake chicken in middle of oven for 60 minutes. Serve immediately or let cool and refrigerate in an airtight container.
This recipe is perfect for a refreshing summer meal. Simply keep baked chicken breasts in the refrigerator and thinly slice as needed to top a seasonal vegetable salad or use in an open-faced or regular sandwich.
This chicken, cooked without any fat, also makes a hearty winter dinner when served with rice and steamed vegetables.
Photos : Tango [Vitalité Québec] JUNE 2018
Recipe : Josée Fiset