Preparation : 30min
Total cooking time : 60min
Servings : 6
It is recommended that you prepare the crust the day before and keep it at room temperature in a dry place. Otherwise, let it dry for at least 2 h before filling it. Also, feel free to use any type of tomato in this recipe.
- 1 1/4 cup (310 ml) white or whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup (250 ml) ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) pesto
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) fresh chives, minced
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) olive oil
- 6 basil leaves, chopped
- 12 Parmesan cheese shavings
- Fleur de sel or sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Prepare the crust: Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a bowl, mix breadcrumbs, butter, Parmesan and egg whites by hand (or use a food processor) to make a ball of dough. Spread evenly on bottom and sides of an 8 in. (20 cm) pie plate. Bake in centre of oven until deep golden, 20 to 30 min. Let cool completely at room temperature before filling.
- Prepare the filling: When ready to serve the tart, combine ricotta and pesto in a small bowl, using a fork, and spread topping evenly over pie crust.
- Sprinkle with chives, top with tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil.
- Top with basil and Parmesan. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.