Quinoa-cranberry turkey stuffing
Preparation : 15min
Total cooking time : 30min
Servings : 10
- 1 cup (250 ml) quinoa
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) dried cranberries
- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 750 g (1 1/2 lb.) ground turkey
- 1 1/2 tbsp. (22.5 ml) herbes de Provence
- 1 1/2 tbsp. (22.5 ml) thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put quinoa in a very fine sieve and rinse under cold running water.
- In a medium saucepan, combine quinoa with cranberries and water. Cook according to quinoa package directions. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onion and stir-fry until tender, about 5 min. Add meat, breaking it up with the back of a wooden spoon, and cook until it’s no longer pink, 10 min.
- Mix in herbes de Provence, thyme and quinoa-cranberry mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
This quantity of stuffing is sufficient to stuff a 15 lb. (6.5 kg) turkey. I use an oven bag (which can also be used to cook roasts, poultry, fish and vegetables) to cook my turkey: it’s easy, and the turkey cooks quickly and remains very juicy. Just follow the cooking directions on the bag!