Spaghetti with fresh tomato sauce
Preparation : 20min
Total cooking time : 120min
Servings : 4
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes (approximately 5 cups / 1250 ml)
- ½ cup (125 ml) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 ml) basil leaves, chopped
- ½ tsp (2,5 ml) salt
- 1 pack (500 g) of spaghetti of your choice
- Salt and pepper for taste
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, the oil, the basil and the salt. Add pepper for taste. Keep aside for 2 hours.
- In salty water, cook the pasta al dente. Drain the pasta and keep 2 cups of the cooking water.
- Add the pasta onto the tomatoes. Mix and let the pasta absorb the juice for a few minutes.
- If necessary, add a bit of the cooking water or olive oil.
- The pasta can be accompanied by crumbled feta cheese or Parmesan.
Note: If you wish to use gluten-free pasta, we recommend to use chicken or vegetable broth instead of the cooking water, as it’s not good to use.
Photos : Tango [Vitalité Québec] MAY 2017
Recipe: Josée Fiset