Turkey and tofu soup
Preparation : 15min
Total cooking time : 35min
Servings : 6
- 8 cups (2 liters) chicken broth
- ½ chopped Savoy cabbage
- 6 coarsely chopped green shallots
- 1 pack (142 g) baby spinach
- 1 pack 8 oz. (227 g) coarsely chopped mushrooms
- 1 lb (454 g) minced turkey
- ½ lb (250 g) firm tofu cut into small cubes
- ½ cup (125 g) chopped chives
- ½ cup (125 g) chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper for taste
- In a large cooking pot bring to a boil the broth, cabbage, green shallots, spinach and mushrooms.
- Add turkey and tofu. Lower heat to medium-low.
- Let it simmer until the meat is cooked.
- Add chive, parsley and season to taste.
I have chosen to make this soup meal without frying the ingredients in oil. This allows us to eat a nourishing and light soup. It contains a blend of textures and a sensation of sweetness on the palate with the tofu and minced poultry that is boiled. Comforting, sweet and tasty!