Zucchini tagliatelle with mushrooms and onions
Preparation : 15min
Total cooking time : 15min
Servings : 4
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 large red onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 lb. (250 g) white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) white balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 medium zucchinis
- 2/3 lb. (300 g) cheese curds
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped fresh chives
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and sauté onion. Pre-heat oven broiler.
- Add mushrooms to skillet and sauté until golden brown.
- Add rosemary and balsamic vinegar, reduce liquid and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer vegetables to a plate, cover and keep warm. Set skillet aside.
- Cut zucchinis in halves lengthwise, and then cut zucchini halves into thin slices with a vegetable peeler.
- In same skillet over medium-high heat, sauté zucchini slices a few minutes, until crisp-tender. Set aside.
- Spread cheese curds evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Broil cheese until golden brown.
- Divide zucchini slices evenly onto four plates. Top with onion and mushroom mix, then with grilled cheese.
- Serve immediately with toasted bread flavoured to taste.
"I use white balsamic vinegar when I don’t want to add colour to the ingredients in my recipe. If you don’t have any on hand, you can substitute red balsamic vinegar. To add a little fun to a meal, I cut a baguette lengthwise, brush both halves with olive oil, season with salt, pepper and all types of spices, and then slice into individual portions. My favourite combination is paprika, onion powder and thyme. Try it—or invent your own combination! What a treat"!