Provençale style fusillis
Preparation : 20min
Total cooking time : 30min
Servings : 4
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 large red onion, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) pine nuts
- 3 large blanched tomatoes, chopped with the juice (or 1 can of 500 ml crushed tomatoes or in cubes)
- 1 1/4 cup (398 ml) artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 1/3 (330 ml) Kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup (375 ml) flat parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Provencal herbs
- Salt & Cayenne pepper for taste
- 1 pack of 500 g of fusillis (or pasta of your choice)
- Parmesan for taste
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, sauté the onion, the garlic and the pine nuts in 3 tablespoon of olive oil for approximately 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the tomatoes and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the artichoke hearts, the olives and the sundried tomatoes. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the parsley and the herbs of Provence.
- Add salt and pepper for taste.
- Cook the fusilli as indicated on the package.
- Add the pasta in the sauce and the rest of the olive oil and stir.
- Serve and top with grated Parmesan cheese for taste.
Photos : Tango [Vitalité Québec] MAY 2017
Recipe: Josée Fiset