Crispy Salad with Asian Dressing
Preparation : 20min
Total cooking time : 20min
Servings : 4
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) smooth natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) + 1 tsp. (5 ml) tamari sauce
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) toasted sesame oil
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) sunflower oil
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) orange juice
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5 ml) sriracha sauce
- 2 French endives, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 large carrot, sliced into juliennes or ribbons (using a vegetable peeler)
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1 cup (250 ml) bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) coarsely chopped mint
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) coarsely chopped cilantro
- 5 tbsp. (75 ml) coarsely chopped unsalted roasted peanuts
- Make dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, rice vinegar, tamari sauce, sesame and sunflower oils, orange juice and sriracha sauce. Set aside.
- Make salad: In a large bowl, combine endives, carrot, green onions, bean sprouts, mint, cilantro and peanuts. Add dressing and toss well. Serve immediately.
Note: If you prefer a thicker dressing, add an extra tbsp. (15 ml) peanut butter (for 1/4 cup or 60 ml in total). This also makes a fantastic sauce for steamed chicken pieces previously marinated in tamari sauce and minced ginger.
Photos : Tango [Vitalité Québec] MAY 2018
Recipe: Josée Fiset