Tomato and Cauliflower ''Lasagna'
Preparation : 30min
Total cooking time : 40min
Servings : 4
- 2 cups (500 ml) cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) pine nuts
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 20 large basil leaves (or more, to taste), minced, plus more for garnish
- 4 asparagus stalks, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Steam cauliflower until very tender.
- In a food processor, combine cauliflower, pine nuts and 2 tbsp. (30 ml) olive oil, and purée until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. For a smoother purée, use a blender at high speed.
- Keep warm.
- Assemble the lasagna: In 4 dishes, evenly distribute half of the tomato slices. Top with half of cauliflower purée. Generously top purée with minced basil. Top with remaining tomato slices, then with remaining cauliflower purée, ending with basil leaves.
- Surround each portion with sliced asparagus. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and serve.
Combining hot and cold foods always creates a pleasureable sensation. The juicy tomato is refreshing while the warm purée is comforting.