Vegetable carpaccio with spinach mousse
Preparation : 25min
Total cooking time : 25min
Servings : 6
For the spinach mousse
- 1 x 10 oz. (300 g) pkg. silken tofu*
- 2 cups (500 ml) cooked chickpeas, drained OR 1 x 540 ml can cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 142 g pkg. baby spinach
- 2 green onions
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) lemon juice
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
*Silken tofu is the one that easily breaks apart when handled.
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- Zest and juice of 1 lime, divided
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Coarse sea salt to taste
For the vegetable carpaccio
- 1/2 English cucumber
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, seeded
- 1/2 yellow zucchini
- 3 radishes
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 plum tomato
- 12 snow peas, blanched
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) store-bought roasted chickpeas
- Vegetable sprouts to taste (mustard, radish, alfalfa, etc.)
Make the spinach mousse:
- In a food processor, combine tofu, chickpeas, spinach, green onions and lemon juice. Season to taste and puree until smooth.
Make the dressing:
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add jalapeño pepper, lime zest and green onion. Turn off heat and infuse vegetables in the warm oil for 2 min. Salt to taste and add lime juice. Remove from heat and set aside.
Make the carpaccio:
- Using a mandolin, thinly slice cucumber, bell peppers, summer zucchini, radishes and onion. Thinly slice tomato and avocado.
- On a large serving dish, arrange the sliced vegetables and snow peas in alternating colours. Arrange avocado slices on top of the vegetables, and pour dressing over top.
- Spoon spinach mousse over vegetables. Top with roasted chickpeas and sprouts.
Photos : Tango [Vitalité Québec] MAY 2016
Recipe: Josée Fiset