Warm Al Dente Broccoli Salad
Preparation : 15min
Total cooking time : 25min
Servings : 4
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced, then placed in a bowl of cold water with lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sliced green olives
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) pine nuts
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped chives
- 2 to 3 tbsp (30 to 45 ml) olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, mix shallot and vinegar, and marinate for 2 hours.
- In a large bowl, combine avocado, olives, pine nuts and chives. Lightly drain shallots from vinegar and add to mixture in bowl, reserving vinegar for future vinaigrettes.
- Separate broccoli florets from stem. Peel and slice stem into rounds.
- Steam broccoli florets and stem until tender-crisp, then coarsely chop and add to mixture in bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil to taste, then season with salt and pepper, stirring to combine. Serve salad warm.