Warm Mushroom and Arugula Salad
Preparation : 15min
Total cooking time : 20min
Servings : 4
- ½ cup (125 ml) + 2 tbsp. (30 ml) olive oil, divided
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 90 g (3 oz.) oyster mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 x 227 g (8 oz.) package cremini (Baby Bella) mushrooms, diced
- 120 g (4 oz.) shiitake mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 package enoki mushrooms
- 1 x 227 g (8 oz.) package white button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 endives, sliced
- 2 cups (500 ml) arugula leaves
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup (60 ml) chopped chives
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl, combine ½cup (125 ml) olive oil with lemon zest and juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Make the salad: In a large frying pan at a high temperature, heat 2 tbsp. (30 ml) olive oil and sauté oyster, cremini and shiitake mushrooms for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Cut off and discard the root of the enoki mushrooms, and then gently shred the mushrooms apart.
- In a large bowl, combine sautéed mushrooms along with enoki and white button mushrooms, endives, arugula, parsley, chives and green onions. Add dressing and gently toss to combine.
- Add salt to taste and a generous amount of pepper, which enhances the taste of mushrooms.