Preparation : 20min
Total cooking time : 20min
Servings : 4
- 1 seedless watermelon
- 3.5 oz. (100 g) artisanal salami (or prosciutto), thinly sliced
- 1 ball of fresh mozzarella di bufala cheese
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 fresh figs, sliced
- 10 fresh mint leaves, torn
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) pine nuts, toasted
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Cut 4 slices of watermelon, each about 6 in. (15 cm) in diameter and8 in (2 cm) thick.
- Top watermelon slices evenly with salami.
- Dry mozzarella with paper towels. Tear it into pieces and evenly divide between salami-topped watermelon slices.
- Top each portion evenly with cherry tomatoes, followed by figs, and ending with mint and pine nuts.
- Drizzle each portion with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Photos : Tango [Vitalité Québec] JULY / AUGUST 2018
Recipe : Josée Fiset