Banana and Raspberry Crackers
Preparation : 20min
Total cooking time : 560min
Servings : 4
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 tablespoon ( 15 ml ) fresh lemon juice
- ¾ cup plus 1 tbsp.(200ml) of grated coconut
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp. ( 140 mL ) fresh or frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 170°F (75°C).
- In a large bowl, combine bananas and lemon juice. Using a hand blender, purée until smooth. Measure 1/2 cup (125 ml) of the mixture.
- Stir coconut and vanilla (if using) into the 1/2 cup (125 ml) of banana mixture. Set aside.
- Chop fresh raspberries and stir into banana mixture. (If using frozen raspberries, chop while still frozen and add quickly to the banana mixture.)
- Using a spatula, evenly spread mixture on a 12 x 8 in. (30 × 20 cm) baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Transfer to oven and dehydrate for about 8 hours. Remove from oven.
The mixture might be tender, but should harden while cooling. If not, return to oven for 1 hour. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container. If crackers become soft, reheat them in oven.