Fig, Date and Pistachio Clusters
Preparation : 30min
Total cooking time : 30min
Servings : 19
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) quick-cooking oats
- 2 tbsp. oat bran
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) unsalted pistachios
- 1/2 tsp. (2 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dried figs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) soft dates (such as Medjool), pitted
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1 1/2 tsp. (7 ml) orange zest
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) lime juice
- In a bowl, combine rolled oats, oat bran, pistachios and cinnamon.
- In a blender, purée remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir purée into bowl of dry ingredients.
- Let stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 min.
- Using a 1 tbsp. (15 ml) measuring spoon or a regular table spoon, scoop mixture, making sure to pack it, and shape into a ball.
- Repeat operation with remaining mixture.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate or freeze.