Honey Sesame and Sunflower Seed Crackers
Preparation : 20min
Total cooking time : 50min
Servings : 4
- 1 cup (250 ml) slivered almonds
- 1 cup (250 ml) sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) honey
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) sunflower oil
- 1/2 tsp. (2 ml) pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Line a 13 x 9 in. (33 x 23 cm) baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine almonds with sunflower and sesame seeds.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, heat honey, sunflower oil and vanilla.
- Stir mixture into dry ingredients.
- Using a spoon, evenly spread mixture on the prepared baking sheet, 1/2 in. (1.25 cm) thick.
- Cover with parchment paper. Cover with another baking sheet and press to flatten the mixture. Remove top baking sheet and paper.
- Bake crackers on bottom rack of oven until golden, about 30 min.
- Let cool at room temperature before breaking into pieces, or cutting into bars or small squares.
Store crackers in a cookie jar or an airtight container. If they become soft, reheat in oven for a few minutes.