Preparation : 30min
Total cooking time : 55min
Servings : 24
- 1 lb. (500 g) pitted dates
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) orange juice
- Zest of 1 large orange (about 2 heaping tbsp. or a little over 30 ml)
- ½ cup (125 ml) dried cranberries
- 1 cup (250 ml) toasted shredded coconut
- 1 1/3 cup (330 ml) oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, combine dates with water and cook until creamy. Set aside.
- In another medium saucepan over medium-low heat, combine orange juice and zest, and dried cranberries. Cook until reduced by half.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut with oatmeal. Add cooked dates and orange-cranberry mixture, mixing by hand.
- Roll dough into tightly packed balls measuring about 2 tbsp. (30 ml).
- Bake for 25 minutes.