Raw Chocolate Chip Cookies
Preparation : 20min
Total cooking time : 75min
Servings : 24
- 1/3 cup (85 ml) pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup (85 ml) sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) buckwheat seeds
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) golden flax seeds
- 1/3 cup (85 ml) shredded coconut
- 1.75 oz. (50 g) cocoa butter
- 1/3 cup (85 ml) rice bran
- ¼ cup (60 ml) cane sugar
- ¼ cup (60 ml) agave syrup
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) sunflower seeds, coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) pumpkin seeds, coarsely chopped
- A pinch of salt
- ½ cup (125 ml) raw chocolate chips
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In food processor, combine pumpkin, sunflower, buckwheat and flax seeds and coconut, and pulse until powdery. Transfer mixture to a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt cocoa butter. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine rice bran, cane sugar, agave syrup, remaining sunflower and pumpkin seeds and a pinch of salt. Mix in reserved powdered mixture.
- Fold in melted cocoa butter until batter is thick and smooth.
- Add chocolate chips to batter, mixing well.
- Using a tablespoon to measure batter, roll batter into balls and transfer to prepared baking sheet, spacing them 3/4 of an inch (2 cm) apart. Leave balls as is or flatten to make cookies if desired. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
These slightly crispy gluten-free, dairy-free and egg-free raw cookies are simply bursting with sweet flavours.
Photos : Tango [Vitalité Québec] NOVEMBER / DECEMBER 2017
Recipe : Josée Fiset