Broccoli asparagus and Savoy cabbage soup
Preparation : 15min
Total cooking time : 35min
Servings : 4
- 1 bunch and spear of broccoli
- 2 bunch asparagus spears
- 2 L (8 cups) of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tea spoon (5 ml) garlic or onion powder
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) olive oil
- ½ Savoy cabbage (approx. 8 cups), finely chopped
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- Salt and ground pepper for taste
- Cut the broccoli and a bunch of asparagus into medium sized pieces. Put aside the asparagus tips.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, place the broccoli and asparagus in the broth and cook for five to seven minutes until the vegetables are cooked.
- Meanwhile, cut the second bunch of asparagus in small pieces including the tips.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil on high heat. Stir-fry the Savoy cabbage, the onion and the asparagus pieces until golden brown.
- Reduce the heat to medium and stir-fry the vegetables until they are cooked (preferable crunchy texture).
- Once the vegetables in the broth are cooked thoroughly, puree the soup with a blender until smooth and put back in the saucepan. Salt and pepper for taste. Stir in cooked vegetables, keep warm and serve.
Photos : Tango [Vitalité Québec] MARCH 2017
Recipe: Josée Fiset