Cream of spinach soup topped with fresh salmon and yogurt
Preparation : 20min
Total cooking time : 40min
Servings : 4
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cups (1 L) vegetable broth
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 x 142 g pkgs. baby spinach
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup (250 ml) plain Greek-style yogurt
- 500 g (1 lb.) fresh salmon or trout fillets without skin, diced
- Fresh chives, chopped, for serving
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat oil and fry onion until translucent.
- Add broth and potatoes. Bring to a boil, then let simmer for 10 min.
- Add spinach, season to taste, and cook for another 5 min.
- Transfer mixture to a blender. Puree until smooth and pour soup back into same saucepan to reheat. Divide soup between soup bowls. Top each portion with a spoonful of yogurt and some diced salmon (or trout). Sprinkle with chives and serve.
Serving tip: You may also remove soup from heat and stir in yogurt before serving.
Note: With this recipe, I like to add the raw fish to the warm soup; it barely cooks, and the soup becomes very nutritious. I recommend asking at the fish market for tartare or sushi-quality fish.
Photos : Tango [Vitalité Québec] MAY 2016
Recipe: Josée Fiset