Velvety Black Bean and Cumin Soup
Preparation : 15min
Total cooking time : 20min
Servings : 3
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) olive oil
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups (500 ml) vegetable broth
- 2½ cups (600 ml) cooked (rinsed, if canned) and drained black beans
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth, beans and cumin. Over high heat, bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to blender and blend until smooth. Pour soup back into same saucepan. Add salt and pepper to taste. Ladle soup into bowls and serve.
Photos : Tango [Vitalité Québec] FEBRUARY 2018
Recipe : Josée Fiset