- Fill bottom pan of double boiler with water and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add beets to top pan of double boiler, and steam-cook until tender, about 1 hour. Let cool. Peel beets and cut into ½ in. (1.25 cm) cubes.
- Cut apple into ½ in. (1.25 cm) cubes and coat with half the lemon juice to prevent oxidizing, then add to beets in bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Using a food processor, purée avocado flesh with half the lemon juice to prevent oxidizing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir half the avocado purée into beet-apple mixture in bowl, setting aside the other half.
- Evenly divide tartare between 4 serving plates, and then evenly top each portion with the remaining avocado purée.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and chives. Serve immediately.
Photos : Tango [Vitalité Québec] SEPTEMBER 2018
Recipe: Josée Fiset