CASHEW AND DRIED FRUIT CRUST
- Grind the cashews in a food processor.
- Add the other ingredients and process until a workable paste forms.
- Using your fingers, press the mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- Place the fruit on the nut and fruit crust.
- In a saucepan, combine the fruit juice and the agar-agar and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the flakes are fully dissolved.
- Mix well and pour the hot mixture over the fruit.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours, until chilled, and serve.
"This pie combines the exotic flavours of pineapple and coconut with local raspberries. You can modify this easy, no-bake dessert as you like, with different dried fruits and nuts for the crust and different juices and fruits for the filling".
Photos : Tango [Vitalité Québec] MARCH 2010
Recipe: Josée Fiset