- In a skillet over medium-high heat, toast the seeds for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring constantly with a spoon.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and grind to a paste.
- If a paste does not form, add a small amount of water.
- Using your fingers, spread the paste in the pie plate.
- Refrigerate until the crust stiffens, about 30 minutes.
- Place all ingredients except the grapes in a saucepan.
- Whisk until combined.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat.
- Remove the vanilla bean and scrape out the seeds with the tip of a knife. Return the seeds to the tapioca mixture and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and let cool for about 20 minutes.
- Pour into the pie shell and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, until the filling sets.
- Garnish with the halved grapes.
"Since the crust is not baked, it will remain sticky; you will not be able to remove the entire pie from the dish. Remove slices one at a time".
Photos : Tango [Vitalité Québec] JANUARY 2011
Recipe: Josée Fiset