- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat olive oil.
- Add squash and cook until slightly firm, stirring often, about 8 minutes.
- Add sage and red pepper flakes, and salt to taste, along with chicken broth, mixing well.
- Once mixture starts to simmer, add kale, stirring until it starts to wilt, about 2 minutes. Mix in beans, cover and let simmer on low for about 5 minutes.
- Mix in Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, then transfer mixture to a 9 x 13 in. (23 x 33 cm) gratin dish.
- Top with prosciutto (if using) and Gruyère cheese, and broil in oven until golden.
With its bright colours, this vegetable gratin is a feast for the palate and the eyes! My naturopath friend says our plate should always contain vegetables of different colours. It’s an easy way to make sure we eat a greater variety of nutrients.
Photos : Tango [Vitalité Québec] JANUARY 2017
Recipe: Josée Fiset