- Soak figs in hot water for 20 min. (If figs are already very tender and moist, no need to soak them.) Set aside.
- Using a food processor, mix almonds, coconut, chia seeds, flaxseed, agave syrup and salt for about 3 min. to make a soft dough.
- Transfer dough onto a sheet of parchment paper and shape into a 9 by 6 in. (23 x 15 cm) rectangle. Set aside.
- Drain figs (if soaked). Using a food processor, chop figs and dates until smooth, and shape into a 9 in. (23 cm) long roll.
- Put roll in the middle of the almond dough rectangle and fold dough evenly over the roll to entirely enclose it, lightly shaping it to make the roll as even as possible. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Slice and serve cold.
NOTE: If you can’t find Medjool dates, and the dates you have are very dry, soak them in hot water for about 10 min.
Photos : Tango [Vitalité Québec] MAY 2015
Recipe: Josée Fiset