- Preheat the oven at 350 °F (176 °C).
- Cut the bread into cubes.
- In a large bowl, pour the warm milk onto the bread cubes. Mix with a wooden spoon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks, cane sugar, melted butter and vanilla.
- Add the bread mix into the egg mixture and stir with a wooden spoon.
- In a buttered 8 inches cooking deep dish, arrange the bread mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 °F (176 °C).
- Remove the dish from the oven and arrange the marshmallows onto the pudding.
- Using a spoon, cover with strawberry jam. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the sugar and egg whites to obtain a smooth mixture.
- With a spatula, pour the meringue onto the pudding.
- Place the dish in the oven at 350 °F (176 °C) and remove when the meringue is golden.
Note: If you have a kitchen torch, you can use this method to brown the meringue.